Friday, February 19, 2010

Handmade Pretties in the Press: Do It Yourself Magazine - Winter 2009

Last year I worked with Jessica Thomas on the "Best of Show" article for Do It Yourself Magazine - winter 2009. My products were featured on the cover of the magazine (the ball in the background and the small pincushion on the desk), and in the article (a ball and pincushion). I also created the Best of Show title ribbon using my large stash of vintage fabrics.

While this magazine had gone under my radar, after reading the last three issues, this is fast becoming one of my favorites! Be sure to join the DIY facebook fan site. They make great posts about project ideas and other discussions.


On the cover: my ball is in the lower left under the lamp, and my pincushion is on top of the pile of books on the desk.


Hours well spent. This turned out so great! I was able to showcase some of my vintage fabrics AND my embroidery...


My ball and pincushion are side by side on the top of the shelf.

No comments: