Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Around Our House: Kombucha or Bust - Part 1

Working from home with the kiddos means that I have strange shifts. Most of my sewing happens at night between the hours of 9pm and 2:30am. Since the girls are alive and ready to rumble at 7am, this often leaves me sleep deprived. I have found that drinking a bottle of kombucha every other day helps me kick the fatigue.

After forking over about $12 for three bottles of kombucha, I have decided to start brewing my own. My first step? Kombucha mother.

I have purchased an original bottle of GT's kombucha (it is raw and unpasteurized). Following the instructions I have been reading online, I will pour this bottle into a jar with some sweet tea and let it sit until I get this...


It might look skanky, but it's fantastic.

Let the process begin.

No comments: