Wednesday, June 24, 2009

CREAMED BRAINS

This is the first installation of a series of recipes that actually make me gag. I have found these in my collection of vintage cookbooks, and hope you enjoy...

Creamed Brains

1 Brain
1 Cup White Sauce
Salt, Pepper, Paprika

Cover brain with slightly salted cold water. Let stand 2 hours. Drain. Cover with boiling water. Boil 20 miniutes. Drain. Chill quickly. Remove the finers. Cut in pieces. Add white sauce. Season to taste. Serve in patty shells. If desired, 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper and 1 tablespoon chopped pimento may be added to give variety in flavor.

4 servings.

The Household Searchlight 1946

Yummers.

3 comments:

Sharon Jue said...

Did you make that brain out of fiber or is that (gag) really creamed brains? If you did make it, it is beautiful. If not, it is still beautiful, just not to eat. I am a vegetarian so I think it is especially yuck-inducing.

Gypsyheart said...

I seriously love your sense of humor. OMG. The creamed brains are kinda awesome. Found your blog cause I saw your sweaterballs on Etsy's front page.. I make stuff too!

Handmade Pretties said...

I had to pull a stock brain image. I did once witness a friend eat brain tacos in Chicago...